- Business groups & Incentives
- Castilla y Leon
- Professionals & Associations
- Wines, Beers & Spirits
- With children
Avenida de los Comuneros, 90
49810 MORALES DE TORO – ZAMORA
28 km west from Tordesillas (A6 motorway), 8 km from Toro and 44 km east from Zamora.
Located on the old main road as it leaves the village, coming from Toro and Zamora.
The Pagos del Rey winery was set up as a cooperative in 1952. The Felix Solis Avantis group bought it in 2008, and gave it its current name.
The museum, housed in the huge processing hall of the old winery, still preserves the large vats of the past. A total of 1,000 m2 of floor area houses exhibits, replicas, audiovisual and digital displays. More than 2,000 m2 of gardens complete the exhibition space. Prepare to immerse yourself in a truly original experience that will take you through this land’s ancestral relationship with wine and discover the origin of the wine, its history and its symbolic values.
Start your visit with a walk through the garden to get to know the grape varieties in the vineyards and the machinery associated with the growing of vines and winemaking. Then you begin a journey through the history of Toro and its relationship with wine. Learn about its evolution from medieval monasteries to the present day, the properties of its lands and the work carried out throughout the year by the winegrowers and winemakers.
During the tour you will also be able to go inside one of the 28 original winemaking vats. An elevated walkway allows you to admire the winery’s barrel cellar, with a capacity of 4,000 barrels of American and French oak. After the final wine-tasting, do not miss out on a visit to our extensive shop, full of tempting items for wine lovers, gourmets and gourmands.
For guided tours: 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes.
PRICE PER PERSON
<10 people: € 4
>10 people: € 3
Children under 12: free
<10 people: € 6
>10 people: € 5
Children under 12: free
- Access to the Museum: exhibition garden, the old winery with the museum on two floors and viewing of the barrel room.
- Tasting of two wines (Analivia Verdejo Pagos del Rey Rueda and Bajoz Vino Museo D.O. Toro: a special edition that the winery makes only for the museum, with 12 months in the cask) and a snack.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Pagos del Rey Barrel Room – Wine Museum (the space shared by the museum and the winery) is the largest ageing room in the Toro Denomination of Origin. Here, the Museum organizes an extensive programme of concerts and artistic and cultural events (children’s workshops, short courses and culinary events) throughout the year. Check on the winery’s website if the day of your visit coincides with any of its activities Do not miss it!
- The Pagos del Rey Museum, opened in February 2014, is the largest wine museum in Castile and Leon. The winery, located next door, is responsible for 36% of the total wine produced in the DO Toro, with a production capacity of 18 million litres per year.
- 1st to 30th April. Tuesday to Saturday: from 11.00 to 2.00 pm and from 4.00 to 8.00 pm. Sundays from 11.00 to 2.00 pm.
- 1st May to 30th September. Tuesday to Friday: from 11.00 to 2.00 pm and from 4.00 to 8.00 pm. Saturdays from 11.00 to 8.00 pm. Sundays from 11.00 to 3.00 pm.
- 1st to 31st October. Tuesday to Friday: from 11.00 to 2.00 pm and from 4.00 to 7.00 pm. Saturdays from 11.00 to 8.00 pm. Sundays from 11.00 to 3.00 pm
- 1st November to 31st December. Tuesday to Saturday: from 11.00 to 2.00 pm and from 4.00 to 7.00 pm. Sundays from 11.00 to 2.00 pm
Guided tours have fixed times:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 11.00, 12.00, 5.00 and 6.00 pm.
- Sundays: 11.00 and 12.00.
Minimum group size
Maximum group size
No group limits. For guided tours: one guide to a maximum of 25 people.
Available on prior request.
The whole tour route is accessible.
Plenty of tarmac parking spaces outside the Museum.
Do you want to make the most of your stay in PAGOS DEL REY and enjoy a guided tour with RUTAS APARTE of the historic town of Toro and the exhibition “The Ages of Man” (AQVA) between April and November 2016? Check with us: firstname.lastname@example.org