- Business groups & Incentives
- Castilla y Leon
- Professionals & Associations
- Tours & Getaways
- Wines, Beers & Spirits
- With children
Alto de Santamarina, s/n
24294 GORDONCILLO – LEÓN
33 km from Benavente (on the A-6), 60 km from Leon and 90 km from Valladolid.
You are at the leading winery of the D.O. Tierra de Leon, with more than 25% of its production. It is an example of innovation and technology, where all the harvest is mechanized, while it has managed to maintain the winegrowing tradition of the area, encouraging the growing of the local varieties of León, Prieto Picudo and Albarín which, together with Verdejo are the mainstays of the winery. Its 205 hectares of vineyards are divided into 8 areas, arranged by grape variety.
Choose your experience:
GENERAL VISIT (individuals and groups of less than 8 people)
Museum of Varieties
A garden of 115 grape varieties from all over the world, among which you can walk and compare one with another at first hand.
Production and ageing halls
As we go through the 47,000 m2 of floor space, we explain, step by step, all the processes from the intake of the grapes to the output of the final product, always focusing on what makes GORDONZELLO an exceptional winery.
A tasting of three PEREGRINO wines, the winery’s flagship label, with Demonination of Origin Tierra de León, including a tasting of local products.
PRICE PER PERSON
GROUP VISIT (buses)
- Visit to the vineyard by bus
- Wine Interpretation Centre
Located in a traditional wine cellar, more than 100 years old. A complete tour of the world of wine: vineyards, wine making, tasting and its health benefits, not to mention the traditions of the old winemakers. A video show.
- Afterwards, the tour follows the same route as the general visit.
PRICE PER PERSON
DID YOU KNOW?
- In 1995 there were barely half a dozen vineyards left in Gordoncillo, and winegrowing was dying out. That same year, 101 wine growers came together to reconvert the old unproductive vineyards into sustainable use. In 2002 the new winery was set up. Thanks to that, Gordoncillo has definitively regained its winegrowing past.
- The Prieto Picudo variety has traditionally been used for the production of young and very aromatic pétillant rosé wines. These days, it produces vintage red wines of great quality.
- The Albarín grape is a sweet, muscatel type, and is very aromatic, with floral and citrus notes. Although usually associated with young wines, it has shown excellent results when aged in the barrel.
- 15 JULY – 31 AUGUST
Monday to Saturday: 11.30 am and 6.00 pm
- 1 SEPTEMBER – 14 JULY
Monday to Saturday: 11.30 am and 4.30 pm
Minimum group size
Maximum group size
No restrictions. The visit is possible for accompanied minors. Children are kept safely occupied with colouring books.
For visitors with reduced mobility, the tasting is done in the production area.
Space for buses and at least 50 cars.
- The ambient temperature of the winery is 10 – 12° C, so we suggest you wear suitable warm clothing.
- Each pair of tour visitors can enjoy a discount of 10% on the purchase of products in our shop.
- VINEYARD TOUR. GORDONZELLO offers individual visitors two routes through the vineyards, signed with information boards, for walking, by bicycle or car, aided by a map supplied by the winery. The area has a special scenic beauty, combining traditional crop plains with the banks of the river Cea, which flows past the vineyards along the south.
- Do you fancy combining wine tourism and sport? Since 2012, GORDONZELLO has organised the popular annual ENTRECEPAS (among the vines) race, which in 2016 takes place on 12 June. After the 10 km route through the vineyards, we offer you a great paella party, followed by a visit and tasting at the winery.
- GORDONZELLO also suggests that you visit at harvest time, when special visits are organized.