- Business groups & Incentives
- Castilla y Leon
- Professionals & Associations
- Tours & Getaways
- Wines, Beers & Spirits
- With children
In Cigales, rosé or claret?: We are talking about the same thing!
Ctra. de Cubillas de Santa Marta s/n
47290 CUBILLAS DE SANTA MARTA – VALLADOLID
The winemaking experience of the Moro family (Matarromera Group) has been extended to the D.O. Cigales, with the creation in 1999 of the VALDELOSFRAILES winery. Its premises are surrounded by vineyards, which mostly grow the main variety of the area, Tempranillo or Tinto Fino. The average age of the vineyards is around 35 years, although some plots, such as the Pago de las Costanas, date back more than 100 years.
Being located within the Cigales, well-known for its rosés, VALDELOSFRAILES does not forget that tradition and devotes a small area to the production of this type of wine, following the latest market trends as far as the production of rosés is concerned. Most of the production is dedicated to red wines; young, crianzas and reservas, a trend which the rest of wineries in the area are following.
The winery’s processing warehouse has the capacity to produce 578,000 litres. The Ageing Hall, of 800 square metres and built recently, has 800 barrels of American and French oak.
At VALDELOSFRAILES you will enjoy great red wines and, of course, the iconic rosés of this D.O., and learn how they are made.
PRICE PER PERSON
Visit to the bodega and a guided tasting of 3 wines: Valdelosfrailes Rosé, Valdelosfrailes Crianza and Valdelosfrailes Prestigio.
DID YOU KNOW?
- In the 10th century documented vineyard owners appeared in different municipalities of the region of Cigales, such as Cubillas or Corcos. The establishment, in the 12th century, of the Cistercian monks in the monastery of Palazuelos significantly expanded the cultivation of vines, and since then they have become a symbol of these lands.
- As far as the historical importance of this region is concerned, suffice it to say that, in 1888, it produced more than 15 million kilos of grapes
- Rosé wine, typical of Cigales, has traditionally been characterized by the production of white wine, with a mixture of red and white varieties; a process which has been adapted to the current expectations of the market in terms of colour, aroma and flavour.
- Since 1985, the vineyards in the area have been steadily converting to the production of red wines, while still maintaining sufficient planting of the varieties that produce rosé wines.
Precise time to be confirmed by the winery.
Minimum size group
English, French, German, Dutch, Russian.
Yes, also for buses.
For the wine-tasting, please avoid wearing perfumes, as these can impair the sensorial experience.