- Business groups & Incentives
- Castilla y Leon
- Professionals & Associations
- Tours & Getaways
- Wines, Beers & Spirits
- With children
C/ Comedias, 3
49800 TORO – ZAMORA
The visit starts in the bodega’s Ageing Hall, next to Toro’s “Espolón” promenade (the Spur), a few metres from the Collegiate Church.
Many of you may know the legendary tavern “Casa del Abuelo”, in the heart of Madrid, but very few realise that it is associated with one of the most traditional wineries in Toro: “Viña del Abuelo”.
The wines of Toro have a very characteristic tradition and personality. Proof of this ancient heritage are the wines produced by this winery. Their vines are more than 30 years old, all belonging to the Tinta de Toro variety, a local version of Tempranillo. The Ageing Hall has a superb location: at the side of the Collegiate Church, next to a natural viewpoint with spectacular views of the Duero valley. Here you can find a complete range of wines, from the simplest to the most complex, such as the Grand Special Selection.
RUTAS APARTE suggests that you become ‘winemaker for a day’ in this bodega, the guardian of the heart of Toro. Enjoy the tastings, find out all about the winemaking techniques and relax in the tranquillity of the vineyard.
Choose your experience:
- Visit to the ageing rooms
- Accompanied transfer to and guided tour of the vineyard
- Guided tasting of 2 wines
1 hour 30 minutes.
PRICE PER PERSON
- Tasting of 4 wines, material and a course diploma.
Learn how to awaken your sense of smell, becoming familiar with the typical aromas that can be found in wine. The tasting changes course with each new aroma.
PRICE PER PERSON
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first wine that Columbus took to the Americas was a Toro.
- The origins of the wines of Toro predate the settlement by the Romans.
- Currently the Regulatory Council of D.O. Toro guarantees the quality of more than 60 wineries.
Monday to Sunday.
The Ageing Hall is open from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm.
Visiting times for the vineyard
– Groups of over 10 people: flexible times.
– Individuals and groups of 10 people or less: at 12.30 and 5.00 pm.
English, French and German (for groups).
Parking at the vineyard is not a problem.
There is also no difficulty in parking next to the Ageing Hall, although during the ‘Edades del Hombre’ (Ages of Man) exhibition in Toro (April-November 2016) it may be trickier, making it necessary to use the car parks provided.
The vineyard is accessible for the disabled, but the toilets are not adapted for wheelchairs.