- Business groups & Incentives
- Castilla y Leon
- Professionals & Associations
- Tours & Getaways
- Wines, Beers & Spirits
- With children
Paraje El Guijarral
37658 VILLANUEVA DEL CONDE – SALAMANCA
77 km south of Salamanca.
Located in Las Batuecas-Sierra de Francia Natural Park, declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
The visitor meeting point is the Town Hall square in Villanueva del Conde, at the time set by the winery.
Certified organic vineyard and winery, under the DOP Sierra de Salamanca.
From the Town Hall square, by car, you will be driven to the vineyard. There, surrounded by amazing panoramic views of the Sierra de Francia, your hosts will explain the work of the winery to preserve the local variety ‘Rufete and their centennial vineyards, as well as the organic farming methods.
Then, visitors drive ahead to the nearby cellar, hidden in the middle of an oak grove and tastefully decorated. There you will be informed about the grape selection, fermentation, pressing and aging processes in casks and bottles.
The tour finishes with a tasting of the winery reference brand ‘575 GRAPES’, accompanied by a tapa of ham. Visitors can also taste other wines at cellar price.
€12 (including a €5 bonus for the purchase of wine, not valid in conjunction with other promotional offer)
Monday to Sunday. Prior advice requested.
Tours usually start at 11.00.
MINIMUM GROUP SIZE
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE
DID YOU KNOW?
- In the DOP Sierra de Salamanca wines prevails the ‘Rufete’ grape variety, unique in the world. It is usually grown in terraces, following traditional methods, where human hand overrides the use of machines.
- The ‘Rufete’ variety is traditionally associated to young wines. It produces light-coloured strawberry-favoured wines. It is distantly related to the ‘Pinot Noir’, which was introduced in the area in the 11th century, when it was repopulated by Raymond of Burgundy (son-in-law of Alfonso VI). This circumstance lies at the origin of the name ‘Sierra de Francia’.
- The granitic terroir of these vineyards was formed 500 million years ago (in the Cambrian). Hence the name of these wines.
- Bodega CAMBRICO is also commited to recover and value the Calabrés grape variety, of which only 36 vines remained in the area.
The winery is adapted to disabled visitors. The accessibility of the vineyard is limited.
English, by prior arrangement.
There is enough parking space at the winery, also for buses. At the vineyard cars are left roadside.
Bodega CAMBRICO is very close to beautiful historic sites in the Sierra de Francia, such as Miranda del Castañar and La Alberca. You can also reach the top of Sierra de Francia mountain by car, or go down into the depth of Las Batuecas valley, the closest place to ‘another world’.
The winery is just 15 km from ‘Microalmazara SOLEAE’ (Herguijuela de la Sierra), an olive oil mill which focuses on organic production and local varieties. An ideal complement for your stay in the Sierra de Francia.